Banana In My Straw Smoothie
This is another one of my absolute favourite smoothies. So, on this thirsty Thursday I’m sharing it with you.
I like to use frozen organic strawberries as I prefer the texture and love the sweetness they have over fresh strawberries in a smoothie. The banana gives it that thick creamy texture. I usually use fresh banana’s but when I remember to freeze a banana (chop it up first then freeze) it tastes amazing. It’s just like a thick shake!
Of course, you can also add probiotics or other supplements to it, or, have it as is.
In summer, well in truth anytime, I also like to put this smoothie into ice block moulds or ice cube trays and freeze particularly in summer. It also carries well in a bottle or mason jar to drink later.
Banana in my Straw
|Prep time||Total time|
|3 mins||3 mins|
Author: Tracey Francis of Essential Olie
- 250ml coconut/almond blend Milk (or other non-dairy / dairy milk)
- 1 banana
- 10 frozen strawberries*
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla powder
- Put all ingredients into your blender.
- Blend til smooth and creamy.
* I use organic strawberries as I love the flavour, but if you don’t use organics just use frozen strawberries.
Hope you enjoy this recipe.