Banana Pie Smoothie
I love smoothies. They are great for breakfast as they are quick and easy, and you can put them into a bottle and take them with you on the go. I also find them filling and satisfying. But, they are also great as a light lunch and for snacks.
Today marks the first post for Thirsty Thursdays. I may not post every week, but I definitely have a bundle of smoothies, juice, tea and kefir recipes to share with you.
This is my absolute favourite smoothie. If you follow me on instagram, you have probably noticed!
Whilst undertaking my 2 month treatment to reboot my gut bacteria, this has been my go to smoothie to add the probiotic powder that I have been required to take everyday.
I hope you enjoy this smoothie as much as we do.
Blueberry Lemon Muffins
|Prep time||Total time|
|5 mins||5 mins|
Author: Tracey Francis of Essential Olie
- 250ml Coconut Blend Milk with Almonds (or any other dairy/non-dairy milk)
- 1 banana*
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon to 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup (to your tastes)
- Combine all ingredients and blend till smooth.
- Drink immediately.
* During summer freeze the banana the night before, or, keep the banana in the fridge for a super cold and thick smoothie.
If you want to add probiotics then add with all other ingredients then blend.
This recipe also makes delicious ice blocks – just blend in pour into ice cream moulds and freeze.