Loop de loop broccoli soup!
Many years ago (when I first got married) I used to make this tasty broccoli soup with a tin of cream of chicken soup as the base. Over the years I ditched the tin and created my own recipe. You can use white potatoes as a base or use cauliflower like I do in the recipe. Either way it’s a tasty soup. It’s great to freeze so you have a quick meal in the freezer that just needs to be defrosted and heated.
Again, I love roasting the cauliflower or potatoes and garlic as it gives it that extra taste. However, you can always skip the roasting and just put them straight into the saucepan with the broccoli and bone broth/stock.
Like my other soups, you can serve with a splash or two of coconut cream, coconut milk, sour cream, cream, milk, lactose free versions if you need it. We also love it with chilli flakes, and/or cracked pepper.
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|5 mins||1 hour 10 mins||1 hour 15 mins|
Author: Tracey Francis of Essential Olie
- 700g Broccoli (stems and florets)
- 1kg Cauliflower*
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 Litre Chicken Bone Broth (or stock)
- Preheat oven to 180°C on fan forced.
- Chop cauliflower** and place onto a baking tray.
- Toss cauliflower** in garlic oil.
- Roast cauliflower for 20 minutes***.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and put into a large saucepan with chicken bone broth (or stock) and chopped broccoli then bring to the boil.
- Blend til smooth then serve.
* Substitute with White Potato if you prefer white potato.
** Peel and chop white potato if using white potato instead of cauliflower.
*** White potato will take longer to roast (I usually roast for around 50 mins).