Carrier Oils for Combination Skin
It’s almost the end of another year. Are you thinking of taking your self care and lox tox life to the next level in 2020?
Why not start with your skin care? You simply can buy a carrier oil or a combination of carrier oils and add your essential oils for your skin needs.
Like essential oils, there are many different types of carrier oils to use. They each have their own benefits for our skin. When we combine carrier oils with essential oils we end up with something magical that fully supports our bodies.
If your after a cost effective carrier oil, then use fractionated coconut oil. It has no smell and never goes rancid, and has skin perfecting, anti-oxidant and disinfectant properties to enhance skin tone and for a healthy glow. However, if your after a more targeted carrier oil to support your combination skin type, then these are some of my favourites.
- Apricot kernel – enriched with vitamin E and skin softening properties to hydrate the skin for a healthier look
- Argan – one of my favourites for face and hair – enriched with vitamin E and rehydrating and softening properties for healthier and younger looking skin
- Evening primrose – soothing properties to leave your skin
- Grapeseed – hydrating and revitalising properties to nourish and moisturise for healthier and smoother looking skin
- Hemp – enriched with anti-oxidant properties to regenerate the skin to prevent premature aging.
- Jojoba – enriched with vitamin E and emulsifying and moisturising properties. One of my favourite essential oils to include in DIY body products.
- Rosehip – enriched with vitamin A and E and enhancing properties to reduce the appearance of fine lines and aging
- Sweet almond – enriched with vitamin D and proteins for a radiant glow
I buy most of my carrier oils from www.n-essentials.com.au but if your in my Essential Olie Tree please let us know your wish list and we will add you to our next bulk order. We do this for members in our tree to share the postage costs.
Here is a thought! If you want to ‘try’ DIY Skin Care before you go ahead and buy your carrier oils, then let us customise a DIY Skin Care Workshop for you. I have done them before. They come complete with an e-book with recipes, and you go home with 50ml sized bottles that will last you months so you get to try it all. Contact us to discuss your DIY Skin Care Workshop.
Check out some of my DIY personal recipes for some inspiration. We would love to see photo’s of some of our recipes by tagging us on your social media pages.
If you still have questions, please feel free to contact us. We also do some make and take essential oil classes, so register your interest or book one over at in the events and workshop areas, or you can book in some one on one time with us to go over your concerns.
If you don’t yet have essential oils start your journey now and join me and my team.