This recipe takes my butter icing to the next level.
You can easily adapt this icing recipe to dairy free, as we do by using nuttelex and coconut cream or non-dairy milk. If you use milk or non-dairy milk start with 1 Tablespoon first as it tends to make the icing thinner.
If you want to swap out the cinnamon powder for essential oils, then you could use Cassia oil. We like it with 2 drops, so add, taste then add more if you like it stronger. I recommend you start with a toothpick sized drop and work up from there. If you want to buy Cassia essential oil please buy it from me and my team, so you can start making your sweet treats and beyond today. I know you will love it.
Author: Tracey Francis of Essential Olie
- 185g unsalted butter (softened) or nuttelex
- 500g pure icing sugar (sifted)
- 3 Tablespoons thickened cream (or coconut cream or 1½ Tablespoon milk or non-dairy milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder (or a toothpick to 2 drops of dōTERRA Cassia Essential Oil)
- Using a mix master or hand beater beat all ingredients together til light, creamy and fluffy.
- Pipe onto cup cakes using a piping bag or ziplock bag or use a butter knife to spread a thick dollop on top of each cup cake.