I’ve never been successful at making homemade mayonnaise aka Garlic Aioli until I got my thermomix, and it’s one thing I’ve missed eating given alot of shop brought mayo and aioli usually contains traces of dairy or corn am I’m not able to tolerate them.
We love using it as a basis for salad and just as a condiment.
As I only use egg yolks in the recipe, I also make a batch of my crinkle cookies at the same time so that the egg whites aren’t wasted. Or, more truthfully, make garlic aioli after a batch of crinkle cookies so I don’t waste the yolks.
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|2 mins||4 mins||6 mins|
Author: Essential Olie
- 2 x 60g Egg Yolks
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Gluten Free Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Rock Salt or Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon White Pepper
- 230g Grapeseed Oil
- 20g Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- Measure grapeseed oil and garlic infused olive oil into a measuring jug then set aside. I usually put the measuring jug on top of the thermomix and use the thermie scales to measure it out.
- Separate egg yolks from whites. Reserve whites for another recipe.
- Add egg yolks, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper into the bowl, then secure lid and measuring cup in place and blend on Speed 6 for 15 seconds.
- Scrape down sides and secure lid leaving off the measuring cup, and mix on Speed 4 for 4 minutes while slowly pouring in the oil to allow the oil and egg mix to fully blend.
- Store in a jar in the refrigerator.