This is another recipe that I wanted to post towards the end of last year with ample time before Christmas, but honestly it doesn’t need to be Christmas to enjoy them. I love the flavour of gingerbread, but it is time consuming to make, so I added the flavours into cupcakes. It’s a winner all round.
Everyone loves them! I hope you do too. They are light, fluffy and full of flavour. We love topping them with cinnamon icing.
Using a size 16 ice cream scooper this mix makes approximately 32 cup cakes. If you don’t use ice cream scoopers then it may make more, or, if you make mini cup cakes then it will obviously make more.
Gingerbread Cup Cakes
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|10 mins||25 mins||35 mins|
Author: Tracey Francis of Essential Olie
- 250g unsalted butter (or nuttelex)
- 1½ cups sugar*
- 2 eggs
- 250g plain yogurt (or coconut yogurt)
- ¾ cup water (room temperature)
- 1 Tablespoon molasses (unsulphured)
- 2 teaspoons ground all spice (I grind my own)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2½ cups gluten free flour (sifted)**
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- Pinch of Himalayan Rock Salt
- Preheat oven to 170°C (fan forced).
- Line 2 x 12 cupcake tins with cake patty papers.
- Sift flour, ground all spice, cinnamon powder, ginger powder, vanilla powder, baking powder, baking soda and guar gum into a large bowl then set aside.
- In a mix master whisk together butter/nuttelex and sugar til light and creamy.
- Add in eggs, whisk til combined.
- Add in yogurt, molasses and water and whisk til combined.
- Slowly add flour mixing after each spoonful.
- Scoop mix into prepared cake patties (I use a size 16 scooper so the mix makes 32 cup cakes).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Remember, I have free downloadable and printable ‘gluten free’ and ‘gluten and dairy free’ food flags that you can use. They look super cute when you take them to parties, etc.