I absolutely love ruby red grapefruit and cinnamon. I make this amazing tea which one day I decided to make into jellies, as I had a hankering for jelly lollies. There are very few gluten and corn free jelly lollies on the market, so I opted for the next thing which was to experiment with agar agar and grass fed gelatin.
They are so tart and tasty with a warmth from the cinnamon and a slight sweetness from the raw honey. I like using cinnamon bark essential oil, however, I also use a cinnamon stick so you can easily substitute the 1 drop of cinnamon bark essential oil for 1 cinnamon stick.
Remember, I use dōTERRA essential oils. The cinnamon bark essential oil can be ingested. Do not buy a cinnamon bark essential oil from the shops and use it, as it may actually be harmful to ingest. If you want to buy a bottle of dōTERRA cinnamon bark essential oil then buy from me and my team.
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|1 hour 36 mins||3 mins||1 hour 39 mins|
Author: Tracey Francis of Essential Olie
- 2 Ruby Red Grapefruit
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 toothpick swirl of dōTERRA Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil*
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Honey (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 Tablespoons Grass Fed Gelatin (or Agar Agar)
- Line a small slice tin with al-foil.
- Remove skin from grapefruit and cut into quarters.
- Add grapefruit and water to a blender and mix til well combined and smooth.
- Pour grapefruit/water into a saucepan.
- Add honey (or sweetener of choice) to grapefruit/water and bring to the boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in grass fed gelatin (or agar agar).
- Stir through 1 toothpick drop of doTERRA Cinnamon Bark
- Gently pour liquid into lined slice tin.
- Refrigerate til set (it takes about 1½ hours).
- Once set, turn out set jelly onto a chop into desired size squares (or use small cookie cutters**).
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
* Use a toothpick and put it into the top of the dripper in the bottle then swirl it into the liquid….you can use 1 drop however it will be a strong flavour. You can also substitute the essential oil for 1 cinnamon stick….if so, put in it with the honey when you heat up the liquid.
** Keep a container of the left over pieces to eat.