I scream for Ice Cream – Chocolate Bits
This year Bella turned 10 and she initially wanted me to make an ice cream cake. I set out on a path of finding ice cream recipes that did not require an ice cream maker. I don’t have one, and didn’t fancy going out to buy one.
I came across the 3 ingredient recipes, which I thought were amazing, and came up with my own slightly edited version.
I was slightly disappointed when the week before Bella’s birthday she said she changed her mind and wanted just a chocolate gluten free cake with pink icing. Sad face, I had researched, planned, drew cake designs and was super excited to make an ice cream cake. Nevertheless, I decided to just make ice cream to serve with her birthday cake.
Chocolate Bits Ice Cream
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|5 mins||12 hours||12 hours 5 mins|
Author: Tracey Francis of Essential Olie
- 1 x 395ml tin of condensed milk
- 1 x 300ml cream (we used A2 cream)
- 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla extract or powder
- 50g grated gluten free milk chocolate
- Grate chocolate.
- Whip cream either using a hand beater or mix master until it is stiff peaks.
- Pour condensed milk into a square or rectangular dish that you can put into the freezer and mix through vanilla extract or powder.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture until combined.
- Fold through grated chocolate.
- Put a lid on the dish (or cover with plastic and al-foil.
- Freeze overnight.
- Serve straight from the freezer
I played around with different flavour combinations as well, but they will be shared on the blog all in good time. If you just want vanilla then just include the first 3 ingredients in the above recipe. Some of our other flavours include chocolate/peppermint, raspberry, strawberry, honeycomb, rocky road, and gems with shop brought organic/gluten free chocolate syrup.