Jaffa Bliss Balls
This was another bliss ball recipe that was a little hidden, and let’s face it, these bliss balls need their own limelight!
I’ve already mentioned citrus is my favourite….dōTERRA’s wild orange essential oil is my BBFF (best best friend forever). I have so many oils that are my favourite….sounds ridiculous but if you use essential oils you know what I mean….this is one that is at the top of my list as not only do I love the smell because I love everything citrus but I love the warm hug it gives me every time I use it which is often.
Again, please don’t go out and buy a wild orange essential oil from a shop thinking that it will be safe to take internally. It may not be!
Jaffa Bliss Balls
|Prep time||Total time|
|10 mins||10 mins|
Author: Tracey Francis of Essential Olie
- 9 Medjool dates (with pit removed)
- ½ teaspoon Unhulled Tahini
- 1 cup activated almonds (soaked in water with a sprinkle of pink Himalayan rock salt overnight then drained)
- 5 Tablespoons Raw Cacao powder
- 1½ teaspoon of Vanilla powder
- 6-8 drops dōTERRA Wild Orange Essential Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- Brown Rice Malt Syrup – I use approximate 2-3 Tablespoons
- ½ cup Coconut Crunch* or Desiccated Coconut
- Using a food processor blend dates, tahini, almonds, raw cacao, vanilla powder, water, dōTERRA wild orange essential oil (start with a small amount til you get to the taste level you like) and brown rice malt syrup (or other sweetener) til it achieves the consistency you like. I like it with small chunks of almonds still visible so it looks like a crunchy peanut butter consistency.
- Put the coconut crunch (or desiccated coconut) on a plate – just start with a small amount so you don’t waste too much/li>
- Using a small ice cream scooper (size 70) and your hands create a ball – this is where it starts to get messy
- Roll ball in coconut crunch or desiccated coconut
- Repeat til all mixture is used up
- Keep in refridgerator (you can also freeze them)
* I buy the Coconut Crunch from my local IGA and health food store. It’s made by Banaban.
Oh, and by the way, if you are pressured for time in making any of my bliss balls then just firmly press the mix into a slice tray or ice cube trays with silicone bottoms, sprinkle with what you would roll it in (or have no sprinkles), pop into the fridge then when it’s hardened/cooled cut or pop out and eat.