Jaffa Crinkle Cookies
The combination of chocolate and orange to me is one of the best flavours. This is the same basic recipe as my other crinkles. As previously mentioned I have loads of different flavour combinations of these crinkle cookies, so I will eventually get through all of the flavours.
These cookies taste delicious with zest from a fresh orange, however, we usually don’t have oranges so one day I tested making them with dōTERRA Wild Orange Essential Oil and they tasted amazing. I haven’t gone back to making them with orange zest again.
I can hear you saying ‘why essential oils’? Because from the first moment I smelt dōTERRA Wild Orange Essential Oil I loved it, and as this particular oil can be taken internally and it’s so uplifting I knew it would be the perfect match in alot of my recipes, especially with chocolate.
To buy this fabulous oil of abundance go straight to my secure web selling page (click here) and start using this oil for it’s many properties, and to start making my cookies. I know you will love them.
The amount of cookies this recipe makes depends on the size of the mounds you create. I like using a small ice cream scooper (size 70) which makes approximately 34-38 cookies. It usually depends on the size of the eggs. I find even though I buy the same sized eggs that the number varies because the egg sizes slightly vary. I also like the eggs to be at room temperature as well.
They freeze well and will keep in an airtight container….in my household they never last long enough!
Jaffa Crinkle Cookies
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|5 mins||12 mins||17 mins|
Author: Tracey Francis of Essential Olie
- 2 cups Pure Icing Sugar (sifted)
- 1½ cup Almond Meal
- 4 Drops dōTERRA Wild Orange Essential Oil
- ½ cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 3 Egg Whites using 70g eggs (at room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 170°C (fan forced).
- Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Sift icing sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to icing sugar and mix with a spoon until fully combined.
- Place teaspoon sized mounds onto prepared trays (I like using a size 70 ice cream scooper).
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before eating.
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as we do.