Lemon Bliss Balls
Other than chocolate anything citrus is one of my favourite sweets. I have many recipes where I use fresh lemons, and using lemon essential oil. Why not I say? Did you know that a 15ml bottle of dōTERRA lemon essential oil is equivalent to 45 lemons? No wonder I love this oil so much! Remember, not all essential oils can be taken internally, so don’t rush off to your local health food store or chemist and buy a bottle of lemon essential oil as it may contain other ingredients that make it harmful to consume.
These bliss balls taste like little mouth sized balls of a lemon vegan cheesecake. I have also made them with macadamia nuts, raw pistachio nuts and cashew nuts, which are equally delicious, but my all time favourite is almond.
Lemon Bliss Balls
|Prep time||Total time|
|10 mins||10 mins|
Author: Tracey Francis of Essential Olie
- 1 cup activated almonds (soaked in water with a sprinkle of himalayan rock salt overnight and drained)
- 5 Medjool dates (with pits removed)
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 6 drops dōTERRA lemon essential oil
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice (from a fresh lemon)
- Brown rice malt syrup (to taste – I usually use 1-2 Tablespoons)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut for rolling
- Using a food processor blend almonds, dates, coconut, vanilla powder, lemon juice, dōTERRA’s lemon essential oil and brown rice malt syrup (or sweetener of choice) til it achieves the consistency you like. I like it with small chunks of almonds still visible so it looks like a crunchy peanut butter consistency.
- Put desiccated coconut on a plate (just start with a small amount so you don’t waste too much)
- Using a small ice cream scooper (I use a size 70) and your hands create a ball – this is where it starts to get messy
- Roll ball in desiccated coconut
- Repeat til all mixture is used up
- Keep in refridgerator (you can also freeze them)