I used to make this recipe about 20 years ago (let’s just say many years ago…hehe!). I got it from a work colleague. It was a recipe that his mum used to make. It was delicious back then, and even more delicious now I’ve converted it to gluten free. No one believes me that this is gluten free, and it’s one of the easiest recipes ever.
It’s delicious on it’s own or with fresh fruit or a coulis of any type of berry, mixed berries or mango.
I love using lemon essential oil instead of lemon rind. If you use lemon rind use the rind from 1 whole lemon. If you use lemon essential oil, then please remember, I use dōTERRA essential oils. The lemon essential oil can be ingested. Do not buy a lemon essential oil from the shops and use it, as it may actually be harmful to ingest. If you don’t own any dōTERRA essential oils then this is one of the most versatile oils.
|Prep time||Total time|
|20 mins||20 mins|
- 200g Gluten Free Plain Biscuits
- 125g Butter
- 250g Block of Cream Cheese (I use Philadephia)
- 395g Can Condensed Milk
- ½ cup lemon juice (approximately 1 medium/large lemon)
- 8 drops dōTERRA lemon essential oil
- Line the base of a small to medium springform tin.
- Put biscuits into a zip lock bag and crush with the end of a rolling pin til fine crumbs.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- When butter has melted add to crushed biscuits and mix well.
- Pour biscuit mix into prepared springform tin and spread evenly then push down with a spoon.
- Refrigerate biscuit base for 10 minutes to cool it down.
- Using a mix master or hand beater, beat the cream cheese til smooth.
- Add condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon essential oil, and beat til combined and smooth looking.
- Pour mixture over biscuit base.
- Cover with Al-Foil or Glad Wrap then refrigerate overnight to set.