Mango Magic – Frozen Mango Cheese-like Cake
Hi, it’s Sam, Tracey’s sister.
You will find this recipe within another blog post, which we thought it would be great to post it separately as well.
It’s one of my favourite summer treats, as we always have a surplus of mangoes on our trees.
Mr 16 and I like it as is, but Mr Hubby likes it with a dollop of coconut cream. I made this last week in the afternoon and it was ready by dinner time. If you activate your nuts, then you might want to prepare them the night before you make this Frozen Mango Cheesecake.
Frozen Mango Cheese-like Cake
Author: Samantha Walsh (Tracey’s sister)
- 1 cup pecan nuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- ⅛ cup of water
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of cashews soaked for at least 2 hours
- ⅛ cup rice malt syrup (I buy PureHarvest from Coles which is organic and gluten free)
- 200ml coconut oil
- ½ of a lime, juiced
- pinch of salt
- 1½ to 2 cups of mango
- Add all ingredients and process in blender until the crust clumps in dough-like
- Press the nut dough into spring form tin, lined with baking paper set in freezer for 1 hour
- Add drained cashews, coconut oil, lime juice, vanilla and process in blender until puree well
- Add mango and rice malt syrup then process until pureed smooth
- Pour filling on to top of nut base and place in freezer for approximately 2-4 hours then serve
- Keeps well in fridge for a week
Hopefully you have enjoyed this post, and enjoy cooking, baking and raw food making the above recipes.
(edited by Tracey)
Postscript…I made both of the above mmmm so good, thanks Sam. I did however add the mango, etc into the pan with the chicken and used the coriander as a topping and it was delicious. I also topped it with a few chilli flakes. Here’s my picture of Mango Lime Chicken: