Mango Magic – Mango Coconut Ice Cream
Hi, it’s Sam, Tracey’s sister.
You will find this recipe within another blog post, which we thought it would be great to post it separately as well.
It’s one of my favourite summer treats, as we always have a surplus of mangoes on our trees.
Mango Coconut Ice Cream
Author: Samantha Walsh (Tracey’s sister)
- 3 large OR 6 small fresh mangoes
- 1 can coconut cream
- Puree fresh mango in a blender or processor til smooth
- Add coconut cream and blend til combined (just a few seconds)
- Pour coconut mango mix into a metal bowl and leave it freezer for 45 minutes
- After 45 minutes take the bowl out of the freezer and whisk mixture slightly to break up the ice
- Put bowl of mixture back into the freezer for another 45 minutes then take out and whisk again – repeat this process for 3 hours
- After 3 hours place into a container and put back into freezer so it can continue to freeze
It is best to eat that day as it get very hard, after another 3 hours ours was ice-cream to soft serve consistency just yum. My husband hubby likes it with coconut whipped cream although this is too sweet for me.