Oh My Gingie!
I love making our own fruit juices. The combinations are endless. This juice is so refreshing as it has the tang from the ruby red grapefruit, the heat from the ginger, and the sweetness from the pineapple and apple. I don’t always put apple in this juice, as they upset my stomach. The photo’s in this post are without apple. My kids prefer it with apple, and I usually use red apples as they are sweeter.
It’s a great pick me up in the morning to get you going or during that afternoon slump.
It makes 2 glasses, or a big glass. If you only want a glass then make ice blocks with the remaining juice.
I use a cold press juicer, however, you don’t need one but you do need a juicer or blender.
Oh my Gingie!
Author: Tracey Francis of Essential Olie
- 1 ruby red grapefruit
- 1 red apple*
- ¼ pineapple
- 1 knob fresh ginger
- Cut the skin off the pineapple and quarter**
- Cut the skin off the ruby red grapefruit and if your juicer requires cut into manageable chunks.
- Cut apple into chunks that will fit into your juicer.
- Juice or blend all of the fruit then enjoy.
* Apples sometimes upset my stomach, so I sometimes leave them out of the juice. The juice still tastes amazing without apple. I will leave it up to you to decide with or without apple.
** Freeze the remaining pineapple quarters.
I freeze the leftover pineapple (cutting each remaining 1/4 in half again) in individual zip lock bags and eat the pineapple frozen like an ice block on a cold day, or use it in cooking. It great sliced up into sweet and sour dishes, cakes, muffins, and of course on pizza. Alternatively, if you already have pineapple frozen then defrost then juice.