Oregano, my hot toothpick essential oil, is an essential oil that is very hot and one that you may not use often, but when you do, you only need a little and usually involves swiping a toothpick swiped in the cap of the essential oil bottle.
We use it often, and particularly, in summer and winter, a variety of ways:
- diffused with OnGuard, Lemon, Tea Tree and Frankincense once a week during winter.
- taken internally in a veggie capsule – sometimes we also add OnGuard, Lemon and Frankincense.
- diluted with fractionated coconut oil into rollerball bottles by itself or withOnGuard, Lemon, Tea Tree and Frankincense. It has a lovely warming affect on the body.
- infused into salad dressings, cheese puffs, spaghetti sauce and any recipe that includes oregano.
- added to salts or oils when roasting, grilling or BBQ’g vegetables and meats.
- DIY products: especially general cleaning sprays or for those tricky areas.
Did you know that essential oils are 50-70% stronger than the fresh plant?
Less is best for oregano essential oil, as it’s a HOT essential oil. My advise: Use either a toothpick OR 1 drop, as that’s often all we need (even in recipes!) and always dilute with fractionated coconut oil when applying topically, and like all essential oils avoid eyes, ears, mouth and nose.
The oregano plant used in dōTERRA’s pure oregano essential oil is sourced from Turkey. Are you ready to make a difference to a farmer’s life in Turkey by buy a pure oregano essential oil? If so, click here to join our Essential Olie Tree.