This slice has been around for years, so I have simply converted it to gluten free. My husband and parents love this slice in all its sweetness. They love the creamy cheesecake layer with the combination of a crunchy crumbly base. I have also made it for some of my non-gluten free friends and they enjoyed it too, so I hope you enjoy it too.
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|5 mins||27 mins||32 mins|
Author: Tracey Francis of Essential Olie
- 150g Gluten Free Flour*
- 1½ teaspoon Gluten Free Baking Powder*
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut**
- ½ cup Raw Caster Sugar***
- Pinch Himalayan Salt
- 125g Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1 x 300g tin condensed milk
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- Pulp 2 passionfruit
- Preheat oven to 160°C on fan forced.
- Line a slice tray with greaseproof paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Mix with a spoon desiccated coconut and caster sugar into the flour.
- Melt butter over a low heat then add to dry mix and stir til fully combined.
- Put into prepared slice tray and gently pat evenly down.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove slice base from oven and allow to fully cool.
- In a mixing bowl mix together condensed milk, lemon juice and passionfruit pulp til full combined.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150°C.
- Evenly pour condensed milk mix over biscuit base then return slice to oven for 15 minutes or until set and golden.
- Allow to fully cool then cut into desired sized squares.
* Check out my recipes for my flour blend used in this recipe, and my DIY baking powder without corn starch.
** I use Absolute Organics brand as it has no nasties.
*** I use Absolute Organics raw caster sugar.