If you love peppermint anything, then you will love dōTERRA’s peppermint essential oil. I do, you will see it featured in many of my recipes. Another must have essential oil as far as I’m concerned, as I love the nose clearing fresh and crisp aroma of it. Just be careful not to get it near your eyes, nose or ears, as it will burn as it’s a hot oil.
I use it everyday in a variety of ways:
- infused into raw and baked sweets and treats, slices, cakes, muffins, icing, ice magic and ice creams for that minty hit.
- added to raw cacao smoothies, hot chocolates, mocha and coffee (yep you read right, coffee!).
- a drop added to water or soda water for that cool refreshing taste.
- instantly make peppermint tea by brushing the top of the bottle on a tea bag then enjoying a mint enhanced tea.
- DIY mouth wash – cooled boiled water, pinch of celtic or Himalayan sea salt for a chemical free mouth wash. My hack: I carry an up-cycled bottle of dōTERRA Peppermint essential oil that I finished with some of my DIY mouth wash and replaced the top with a spray top for a mouth refresher on the go.
- DIY cleaning products: such as general cleaning and insect repellent sprays
- DIY personal products: my favourite is to add it to my DIY hand wash, foot soak and shampoo.
- diluted into a spray bottle with distilled water or cooled boiled water for a cooling spray.
- added to the soapberry nut bag when doing laundry or to vinegar in the rinse cycle.
- it’s the secret weapon and my favourite 3pm pick-me-up with blended with Wild Orange essential oil whether it’s a drop in the palm of my hands, rubbed and inhaled, or in the diffuser or in a rollerball bottle diluted with fractionated coconut oil.
- diffused on it’s own or with other essential oils. Our daily favourite before the kids get up is Peppermint blended with Lavender and Lemon essential oils.
- diluted with fractionated coconut oil in a rollerball bottle so we have a quick to grab and safe to use on our skin bottle of peppermint.
Each of the 250 precious drops will be so versatile in your home, and is changing the lives of Amercian farmers in Washington and their families that grow peppermint for dōTERRA with the co-impact sourcing initiative.
Are you ready to make a difference and buy a pure essential oil that has been extracted from their peppermint? If so, click here to join our Essential Olie Tree.